Get Involved Today!
We have some great opportunities to “engage” in our community. The doors are open wide, and you and I just have to “step up” and walk through those doors. Don’t wait for someone else to answer the call. Please pray and see what direction the Lord leads you!
You will find the opportunities below that are available to our Beacon Hill Church family to get involved with our community through volunteerism. To get started just get in touch with the contact person listed below:
Highland Elementary School, 2301 Alhambra Street, Norco
- Family Night to resource parents
- Dates: October 11th and November 1 (Tuesdays)
- Time: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. (come at 5 p.m. leave at 7:30 p.m.)
- Duties: Help set up; provide/cook food
- Morning Reading
- Dates: Monday-Wednesday-Friday (all or one day per week)
- Time: 8:20 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
- Duties: Help students read to you.
- Target group: Students (K-6th grades) who are behind and need practice reading
- Volunteer Support in the 1st Grade classrooms (3 classes)
- Dates: Your availability
- Time: TBD between teacher and volunteer
- Duties: reading w/students, practice skills, help students finish work, and prep materials
Sierra Vista Elementary School, 3560 Corona Ave., Norco
- Day of Awesomeness (a company donates a bunch of inflatable games for the students)
- Date: October 6th (Thursday)
- Time: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (volunteers check in at 8:30 a.m.)
- Duties: 10-15 volunteers to help supervise the inflatable games
- Fall Festival
- Date: October 21st (Friday)
- Time: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Duties: Supervise the activities
- 100 Mile Club (Kids try to walk 100 miles in the school year)
- Dates: Tuesday and Thursday (weekly)
- Time: 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
- Duties: Check-in students and count their laps
- Special Project: Box Gardens
- Date: The spring
- Time: TBD
- Duties: Build box gardens, demonstrate/assist classes in planting vegetables, train students how to care for the gardens, periodically check in with the teacher to see how the gardens are growing.
- Note: Multiple people can help with each phase (for example someone may want to build the boxes while others want to help with the planting or care).